We are so grateful for your continued support. We remain committed to the health and well-being of our shelter animals and our staff that cares for them.
Here are the most important things you need to know.
- We are doing business by appointment.
- Adoptions: We are making appointments for adoption visits with approved applications. Please view our pets here
- Found Animals: We are offering curbside service with assistance for found animals. Please call 231-924-9230 to reach us. You can also message us through our Facebook page. We will do our best to be responsive and help any way we can. We will take your information so hopefully we will aide in reuniting with the owner.
- Intakes: We are limiting our intakes at this time. We will be focusing on helping our partner shelters with their needs.
- Kitten Season: We are aware of the over population of kittens, like every year at this time. We will do our best to be responsive when we are able to help. This is an ongoing problem and spay/neuter is the answer!
- Microchipping: We are happy to microchip your pets. Please call for an appointment.
- Dog Training: Our trainer has resumed her private sessions by appointment only. Group classes are suspended until further notice. For more information please call our trainer at 924-9230.
Thank you again for your continued support and patience. We couldn’t do what we do for the animals in our care without you!
Best regards for you all, stay safe.
Bellwether Harbor founder and shelter manager
June 4, 2020
Welcome To Bellwether Harbor!
Bellwether Harbor Animal Shelter and Training Center is a non profit 501c3 organization. We are dedicated to the health and well-being of the abandoned, abused and neglected dogs and cats coming into our shelter, preparing them for their adoption with people looking for forever companionship. We do this through medical care, socialization, training, and sometimes rehabilitation.
We work with people looking to adopt our animals by helping them to find the dog or cat that is the best fit with their lifestyle. We do this through an interview process, multiple visits, education and training.
Our ultimate goal is to encourage and support the human animal bond.
Available for Adoption Now: