Bellwether Harbor Public Dog Training Program
Bellwether Harbor supports the human animal bond through education and training.
- Anna Smith
Group Classes – Our group classes focus on foundation skills to help you train with your dog to be a better companion with you and your family. We provide instruction, demonstrations, and homework to help you be successful with having a well-mannered dog in your home and in public settings.
These classes are limited to 6 dogs.
- Group Classes are NOT for behavior problems. Please see private training info below.
- Dogs must be 6 months of age or older.
- All dogs must be up to date on the following vaccines 5 days prior to the start date of their class: DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella. Vaccines must be current the entire time they are in class.
- No more than 2 Pet Parents per dog, and no children under 12 years of age.
- All paperwork and payment will be completed before the 1st night of the class. If you do not have an internet connection, allowances will be accommodated.
- Cost is $125.00. Fee must be paid in advance to hold your spot in the class. No refunds.
- Learn the basic manners and building blocks with your dog including: sit, down, leave it, drop it, come, wait, stay, walking on leash, and more!
- Beginner class is a 7-week course. The first night is an orientation night, no dogs.
- Build on the basics, while adding distance, duration, and distractions to known behaviors. Challenge your dog by diversifying behaviors and refining leash skills.
- Intermediate class is a 6-week course.
- Prerequisites: Beginner class, with ability to perform basic behaviors with minimal distractions. We strive to make sure you and your dog are set up for success. You may be advised to work on things in Private classes or at home prior to Intermediate in order to increase success.
- Prepare to use your skills in the real world! Learn to trust your dog and see your dog trust you in new situations. This class also prepares you to take the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test at graduation.
- Advanced class is a 6-week course.
- Prerequisites: Intermediate class, with ability to perform behaviors with increased distractions. We strive to make sure you and your dog are set up for success. You may be advised to work on things in Private classes or at home prior to Advanced Class in order to increase success.
Private sessions are great for working one on one with our trainers on a wide range of behaviors. We work on building foundation skills in order to address any behavioral problems you are having with your dog. We provide instruction, demonstration, and homework and strive to set you up for success.
- Cost is $45.00 for 45 minutes.
- Puppies under 6 months ARE welcome in Private Classes! Puppies must be 6 months old to be in Group Classes.
- Dogs with behavioral problems and reactivity are welcome in Private Classes.
- There is no requirement for number of sessions. This is determined by the client and their desire for instruction.
- All dogs must be up to date on the following vaccines 5 days prior to the start date of their class: DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella. Vaccines must be current the entire time they are in class. This is age dependent, and according to your veterinarian’s recommendation. Dog younger than 6 months are welcome, but must be current with their age appropriate vaccines. This will be discussed when scheduling your appointment.
Email Anna – email@example.com or call the shelter for more information or to set up an appointment (231) 924-9230
“Understanding your dog and knowing how to control him, develop his potentials, and resolve behavior problems, emotional conflicts and frustrations are no less essential than love and respect.” Michael W. Fox